1. Ahmed, S.,& Hamdan. A. (2015). Impact of corporate governance on firm performance: evidence from bahrain bourse. International Management Review. 11(2): 21-37.
2. Akins, B.,Jeffrey, N., & Rodrigo, S. V. (2012). Investor competition over information and the pricing of information asymmetry. The Accounting Review.87(1): 35-58.
3. Armstrong, C., Core, J., Taylor, D., & Verrecchia, R.(2011). When does information asymmetry affect the cost of capital? Journal of Accounting Research. 49: 1-40.
4. Ashbaugh, H., Collins, D. W., & Lafond, R. (2004). Corporate governance and cost of equity capital. Available at http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.
5. Badrinath, S. G., Gay, G.,& Kale, J. (1989). Patterns of institutional investments, prudence, and managerial safety net hypothesis. Journal of Risk and Insurance. 56(4): 605-629.
6. Baily, M.N.,& Schultze, C.L. (1990). The Productivity of capital in a period of slower growth. Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Special Issue Microeconomics. 369-406.
7. Barron, O., Sheng, X., & Thevenot, M. (2013). The information environment and cost of capital. Available at: http://gwu.edu/.
8. Bhattacharya, N., Ecker, F., Olsson, P., & Schipper, K. (2012). Direct and mediated association among earnings quality, information asymmetry and cost of equity. The Accounting Review. 87(2): 449-482.
9. Bloomfield, R., & Fischer, P. (2011). Disagreement and cost of capital.Journal of Accounting Research. 49(1): 41-68.
10. Bozec, Y., & Bozec, R. (2011). Corporate governance quality and the cost of capital. International Journal of Corporate Governance. 2(3): 217- 236.
11. Bushee, B. (1998). The influence of institutional investor on myopic R&D investments behavior. The Accounting Review. 73(3): 305-333.
12. Chong, P., S., & Isimoya, E. (2007). Disclosure of governance information by small and medium-sized companies. Corporate Governance. 7(5): 635-648.
13. Dechow, P.,& Dichev, I. (2002). The quality of accruals and earnings: the role of accrual estimation errors. The Accounting Review. 77: 35-59.
14. Dhaliwal, D., Huang, S. H., Khurana, K. I. & Pereira, R. (2008). Product market competition and accounting conservatism. Available at: http://ssrn.com/ abstract=1266754.
15. Elyasiani, E., & Jane-Jia, J. (2008). Institutional ownership stability and BHC performance. Journal of Banking & Finance. 32(9): 1767-1781.
16. Fama, E., & French, K. (1992). The cross-section of expected stock returns. Journal of Finance. 47: 427–465.
17. Faulkender, M., Milbourn, T., & Thakor, A. (2006). Does corporate performance determine capital structure and dividend policy? Presented in Seminar at Washington University, NY, Available at:http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/paper.
18. Francis, J. L., Olsson, R., & Schipper, K. (2005). The market pricing of accruals quality. Journal of Accounting and Economics.39(2): 295-327.
19. Gao, P. (2010). Disclosure quality, cost of capital and investor welfare. The Accounting Review.85(1): 1-29.
20. Giroud X., & Mueller, H. M. (2011). Corporate governance, product market competition and equity prices. The Journal of Finance. 66(2): 563-600.
21. Griffith, R. (2001). Product market competition, efficiency and agency costs: an empirical analysis.IFS Working Paper, Available at: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/paper.
22. Hair, J. F., Sarstedt, M., Hopkins, L., & Kuppelwieser, V. (2014). Partial least squares structural equation modeling (PLS-SEM): An emerging tool in business research. European Business Review. 26(2): 106 – 121.
23. Hasasyegane, Y., Moradi, M.,& Eskandari, H. (2008). The relationship between Institutional Investors and corporate value. Journal of The Accounting and Auditing Review. 15(3): 107-122.
24. Hashem, N.,& Su, L. (2015). Industry concentration and the cross-section of stock returns: evidence from the UK. Journal of Business Economics & Management. 16(4): 769-785.
25. Hejazi, R., & Jalali, F. (2007). The factors affecting the cost of capital in companies listed on the Tehran Stock Exchange. Humanities and Social Sciences. No. 24: 13-30.
26. Hou, K., & Robinson, D. T. (2006). Industry concentration and average stock returns. The Journal of Finance. 61(4): 1927-1956.
27. Jensen, M. (1986). Agency costs of free cash flow, corporate finance and takeovers. American Economic Review. 76(2): 323-329.
28. Jensen, M. C., & Meckling, W. H. (1976). Theory of the firm: managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure. Journal of Financial Economics.3(4): 305-360.
29. Johnstone, D., (2016). The effect of information on uncertainty and the cost of capital.Contemporary Accounting Research. 33(2): 752-774.
30. Kasznik, R. (1999). On the association between voluntary disclosure and earnings management. Journal of Accounting Research. 37: 57-81.
31. Khiari, W. & A. Karaa. (2013). Corporate governance and disclosure quality: taxonomy of Tunisian Listed Firms using the decision tree method based approach. Journal of Applied Economics and Business Research. 3(2): 95-117.
32. Khodadadi, V., & Taker, R. (2012). Effect of corporate governance structure on financial performance and firm value of Tehran Listed Firms. Accounting and Auditing Research. 15(4): 88-101.
33. Lambert, R. A., Leuz, C., & Verrecchia, R. E. (2011). Information asymmetry, information precision and the cost of capital. Review of Finanace. 16(1): 1-29.
34. Leuz, C., & Wysocki, P. (2006). Economic consequences of financial reporting and disclosure regulation: areview and suggestions for future research. Working Paper, Available at: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/paper.
35. Lyandres, E., & Watanabe, M. (2011). Product market competition and equity returns. Available at:http://people.bu.edu/lyandres/GE-comp-2011-02-17.pdf.
36. Namazi, M.,& Ebrahimi, S. (2012). Investigating the Relationship between Product Market’s Competitive Structure and Stock Return. Journal of Financial Accounting Research. 2(3): 9-27.
37. Seyedabaszade, M., Amani, J., Khezri, A. & Pashavi, G. (2012). An introduction to PLS structural equation modeling and its application to behavioral sciences. Orumieh University Publication.
38. Sobhanifard, Y. & Akhavankharazian, M. (2012). Factor analyses, structural equation modeling. Emam Sadegh University Pablication.
39. Zhu, F. (2014). Corporate governance and the cost of capital: An international study. International Review of Finance. 14(2): 393-429.